Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
If your pet passes away at home and until decisions and preparations can be made, place your pet in the coldest part of your home. It is suggested you put a piece of plastic on the floor and then place newspaper or a blanket on top of the plastic. Place your pet on top of the blanket or paper and then cover your pet with another towel or blanket.
At this time, if possible, make necessary arrangements, The Sunshine Coast Pet Crematorium provides a gentle and caring pickup and transportation from your home or veterinary hospital.
I am available 7 days a week have no extra charges for weekends. You can phone me on 0403 846 651 or fill in our online form and I will guide you through the process.
We can cremate any animal up to 100kg. Not everyone has a “traditional” pet. Forming a bond with a guinea pig, bird, chicken, goat, or lizard can be a bond as strong as any other.
Because Every Pet Deserves a Loving Send Off
Yes we offer a payment plan to help you give the send off your beloved pet deserves but not the hardship of payment in one lump sum. The payment plan is offered at no extra cost to you. First-time customers complete a quick registration, once accepted you are given the option of paying off your package or memorial products over 4 installments.
Our cheapest cremation option is the scatter package if you elect to transport your pet to our crematory and pick up the ashes, returned in a decorative scatter box. You can then scatter the ashes in your pets favourite place or bury them at home.
Yes, you are more than welcome to visit our crematory where we have a small private area for you to say your final farewell. Please notify us if you would like this to occur so we can make the necessary arrangements.
We welcome anyone to be there at the time of cremation. There is no extra charge. Please notify us at time of booking your service if you would like to attend.
Providing your pets, and only your pets ashes back to you is a responsibility we take very seriously. We perform only individual cremations, meaning your pet will be the only one in the crematory. We also provide a certificate that is returned to you with your pet’s ashes.
Our service offers only private cremation of your pet and includes a selection of packages and urns from which you can choose from. We personally hand- deliver your pet’s ashes and urn back to your home. All the while you can rest assured our staff has performed the entire process with the utmost compassion, love, and professionalism for your beloved pet.
If your vet does not offer a choice of cremation service and you would like to use The Sunshine Coast Pet Crematorium service you are free to do so. Simply inform your vet you would like to use our service and either have them contact us or call us yourself and we will make the necessary arrangements.
A PET’S TEN COMMANDMENTS
Remember that they can’t do a lot of things for themselves and that they depend on you to make their life a quality life!
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.